The EMBs promote the following:
- University-wide events - that are not specifically for one group (sports, arts, performances)
- Ranking/Point of Pride - university accolades, based on strength of ranking body (these are generally already heralded in other areas like FIU News and the university home page)
- Strategic Goal Content - content that is related to the university strategic plan and areas of focus (facts about programs and points of pride with may not directly relate to a story) promotion of license plates and other university-wide initiatives
- The Electronic Billboards (EMBs) are located at the entrances of FIU's Modesto A. Maidique campus.
EMBs target drivers. Because of this, your audience has about six seconds to read your flyer. Each flyer is displayed for 6-10 Seconds.
- Include a headline and sub-headline, if applicable. Please try to produce a visual hierarchy with the size of your text.
- Characters: Max. 150
- Font size: Min. 42pt in Photoshop at 72dpi.
- Call-to-action: website or location
- Short URLs are easier for viewers to digest. If your URL is long, consider using FIU's url shortener.
- Make sure to have a clear call-to-action. This can be a phone number, website link, etc.
- All event related EMB flyers must have an event in the university calendar.
- Be sure to list the date, time and location on your flyer.
- EMB dimensions are 1280px x 720px
- Hi-res JPG for static flyer submissions
- MP4 for video flyer submissions