Photography is an important part in curating the image of the university. It creates a sense of emotion and style that makes FIU unique from other institutions.
When selecting or shooting images for FIU’s brand, strive for bold, friendly, expansive and optimistic photography.
- Photographs of people should show them honestly and realistically.
- Portraits should be straight on and expressive.
- Outside of portraiture, people should be shown in action, doing the real things which make them part of the FIU family.
- Photos of campus and other locations including Miami should be shown as expansive and optimistic and give viewers the chance to see possibility.
- Professional photography should always be used in marketing and external communications when possible.
- Images should be free of digital noise, in focus, and have accurate colors.
- The highest resolution photo should be sourced whenever possible.
- All photographs should be printed at 300 dpi at the actual size.
- Do not increase the size of digital images as this can cause the image to be pixelated.