- Top 25 nationally, economic Return on Investment (ROI) in a college degree (joining the likes of Princeton, Stanford, Columbia and Yale), Degree Choices
- 32, National University, Washington Monthly
- Fastest-rising university in the last 10 years in S. News & World Report’spublic university rankings. Said another way: Over the past 10 years, no other university in the country has risen faster in U.S. News & World Report’spublic university rankings than FIU.
- We are a leader in Florida’s top-ranked higher education system, finishing in the top three for three of the last five years in the State’s annual performance metrics.
- FIU has been designated a University of Distinction in environmental resilience by the FL Board of Governors.
Research & Innovation
- Designated a Carnegie “R1” Very High Research Activity. Only the Top 3% in research production among the nation’s 4,300 colleges and universities.
- Top 10 in the past decade in research expenditure growth among Carnegie R1 public universities
- Top 15 most innovative public university in S. News & World Report’s annual rankings
- $1 billion in research expenditures in the last five years; $246M in 2021.
- Top 20 for patents among U.S. public universities
- We are a Hispanic Serving Institution and a Minority Serving Institution focused on making sure every student succeeds
- Top producer in awarding bachelor’s degrees to minorities (Diverse Issues in Higher Ed.)
- 1 in awarding bachelor’s and master’s degrees to Hispanics
- Top 10 in awarding bachelor’s degrees to African Americans
- Top 5 in social mobility in S. News & World Report’s annual rankings
- Our Pell Grant-eligible students (who account for more than half of our undergraduate population) graduate at a higher rate than their classmates.
- Top 5 in student enrollment